Berghia Nudibranchs and blennies

  • Thread starter Thread starter mfinn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
14,359
Reaction score
11,354
Location
Olympia, WA.
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I need to add a aiptasia hunter/killer/eater to a tank that has a couple Molly Miller Blennies in it. At least that is what the vendor said they were. Not sure if they are a Sailfin blennie or the Molly Miller.

Will the Berghia nudibranchs be safe?
 
Last edited:
I need to add a aiptasia hunter/killer/eater to a tank that has a couple Molly Miller Blennies in it. At least that is what the vendor said they were. Not sure if they are a Sailfin blennie or the Molly Miller.

Will the nudibranchs be safe?
Yes, blennies are safe with berghia.
 
If they are true molly millers, how long have you had them? From what I read they often eat aiptasia, at least the small ones. But they will also likely eat the nudis too.
 
If they are true molly millers, how long have you had them? From what I read they often eat aiptasia, at least the small ones. But they will also likely eat the nudis too.
I've had them for 6-7 months.
Yeah I read the stuff on them eating aiptasias, and even hair algae. They haven't touched the hair algae and the aiptasias have multipled.

So they will eat the berghias?
 
I've had them for 6-7 months.
Yeah I read the stuff on them eating aiptasias, and even hair algae. They haven't touched the hair algae and the aiptasias have multipled.

So they will eat the berghias?
I think you are safe, they are nocturnal and do their work when lights are out. I’ve used them twice successfully with a sixline wrasse in my tank ( I don’t advise).
 
I tried before when there were a couple orchid dottybacks in the tank and that didn't work out.
They are gone now and only have the blennies in the tank.
I'd transfer a matted filefish over to the tank but it has too much branching LPS and zoanthids in the tank
 
I tried before when there were a couple orchid dottybacks in the tank and that didn't work out.
They are gone now and only have the blennies in the tank.
I'd transfer a matted filefish over to the tank but it has too much branching LPS and zoanthids in the tank
Definitely wouldn’t add them with a tilefish in the tank.
 
Definitely wouldn’t add them with a tilefish in the tank.
I wouldn't do the berghias if I added the matted filefish. He is a aiptasia hawk.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new