OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plans for a uv in the future? if needed?
I have thought about it’d end thought about two weeks ago. So far other than losing 12 fish on row different occasions ( six each) due to a bad heater and contaminated sea chem purigen haven’t had any issues at all other than aptasia so I go back and forth other than where to place it which I think if you look it’s tight down there

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have thought about it’d end thought about two weeks ago. So far other than losing 12 fish on row different occasions ( six each) due to a bad heater and contaminated sea chem purigen haven’t had any issues at all other than aptasia so I go back and forth other than where to place it which I think if you look it’s tight down there
Innovative marine has a new UV that looks pretty good. just waiting on some reviews first.

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ Bob here is the UV I was talking about.

https://www.marinedepot.com/AUQA_Sh...uariums-Innovative_Marine-0I6908-FIUV-vi.html

Also I was looking at your setup.. How safe is that over the tank thing? lol I had issues before this is going back 15 years where the over the tank plumbing flooded my house. what if your drain from tank gets clogged? do your return stop ?

There is two ways to do this
As far as losing siphon there is the aqualifter pump which keeep pumping water up and over down in

As far as anything else happens I have a float valve sitting in the back so if the water level goes to high it shuts the return pump off

I have a wife that constantly worries about water on the floor so I have that I have leak detectors inside the stand, outside the stand, a float inside the sump Incase the water level goes to high in there as well.

I’m covering my butt Brother

Thanks I really wonder if that ten watts would help protect against Ick as my understanding it all depends
Upon wattage and the flow past the light. I’m getting about 150 Gph through one basket

I also have tons of copepods too

KC V.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worrying about a leak is my biggest issue because I rent in condo-style building. Has your external sump helped with your amazing water quality inside the tank? This build is excellent, and inspiring to see what I can do with a JBJ 45! I definitely have a lot of catching up to do on your youtube channel.

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worrying about a leak is my biggest issue because I rent in condo-style building. Has your external sump helped with your amazing water quality inside the tank? This build is excellent, and inspiring to see what I can do with a JBJ 45! I definitely have a lot of catching up to do on your youtube channel.
Oh absolutely adding more water to the system helps, also your going to add a bigger skimmer which helps, more filtration capabilities as well because you’ll have a Refugium as well ( I bought a trigger system crystal cube sump which after removing the middle brace and adding one X three in strips on the out side walls for strength fit nicely.

I plan on doing a new video within the next week and a half to show a complete update of the system. And in detail
Of what I have done

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh by the way I’m also in a condo 2nd fl as floor as well. That’s why I only have a 45 gallon. I sneaked in the sump.
I had to explain to my wife that I contacted a general contractor and talked to them about weight on the floor and water ( I actually did, and it ended up that they were the ones that did the work on my condo) and they told that I could have up to a 90 gallon safely in the condo but my wife wouldn’t have anything to do with it.

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I want my badge I see I have been posting more than I thought
Current
JBJ 45 Gallon converted to a sump inside the stand
Equipment:
JBJ 45 Gallon Display tank
CPR 90 Overflow
Trigger systems Crystal Cube Sump
Ecotech Radion XR15 Gen 4 Pro
BRS media reactor holding carbon
Bubble Magus Curve 5 Skimmer
Reef Octopus VarioS-6 return Pump
APEX classic controller in a outside external cabinet with
Two EB8’s
Two DOS doser’s dosing ALK, Cal, Mag And NOPOX
PM1 And PM2 module’s
WXM Module
FMK ( one inch)
ATK
BOB
Two Ecotech Vortech MP10’s
Two heaters

06AD9F87-CDD9-47AD-AAE4-E30CC676A999.jpeg

8CB22551-41B9-4500-84F3-88BA9895F6BB.jpeg

09E9D418-BBA6-4C31-BE4B-9C0231AF2EB0.jpeg

87A9B705-1492-4DE0-BEE1-952956A97B14.jpeg

Impressive setup; and neatly organized!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back