Best 4 bulb T5 combo for SPS

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the winning combo, stick with it is my recommendation as well for a 4 bulb fixture.

Lukey2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a blue plus, coral plus, purple plus, and super actinic over my 30 gallon deep blue rimless frag tank in a ATI dimmable 4 bulb fixture. I keep bubble tips and clams in the tank. There's also a ORA bird of paradise in the tank and other SPS frags. All are doing great. The light is only covering the front 2/3 of the tank. I have mangroves growing in the back 1/3.
That sounds like a nice combo! Do you have a photo? I'd love to see what things look like in that lighting.

Stephen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a nice combo! Do you have a photo? I'd love to see what things look like in that lighting.
This is with a 15k filter
20210328_212038.jpg

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on setting up another 80 gal frag tank and it will be lit by T5’s only. 6 48” bulbs over the 16” deep tank.

My color combination will be 5 B+ and 1 Coral +

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Ballsy. Got a picture ?
That's ancient history man! I suffer from a severe case of unused bulb syndrome. I'm running an eight bulb now with 3 B+ 3 C+ and 2 O3. I tried looking through old pictures to find a six C+ pic, I can't tell which is which lol, sorry. I am considering actually upping the white bulbs again. To me the C+ looks great by itself, nice and warm, with excellent color rendition. As soon as you start throwing in B+ I like the look less, but I'm conditioned into thinking the B+ is mandatory. I'll snap a pic of whatever the combo of the week is this time and post it. I'm thinking 6 C+ and 2 O3.

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's ancient history man! I suffer from a severe case of unused bulb syndrome. I'm running an eight bulb now with 3 B+ 3 C+ and 2 O3. I tried looking through old pictures to find a six C+ pic, I can't tell which is which lol, sorry. I am considering actually upping the white bulbs again. To me the C+ looks great by itself, nice and warm, with excellent color rendition. As soon as you start throwing in B+ I like the look less, but I'm conditioned into thinking the B+ is mandatory. I'll snap a pic of whatever the combo of the week is this time and post it. I'm thinking 6 C+ and 2 O3.
I'm running 2 blue plus 1 coral plus and an actinic on my 75 and 2coral 2blue on my frag. Don't sleep on actinic.... I'm a coral plus guy but I just put it in last night and it's NICE

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back