Best 4 bulb T5 combo for SPS

I think I may just try and run 3 b+ and 1 c+. If I notice any drops in alk consumption I'll switch back to a 50/50 mix of b+ and c+.
 
I run a blue plus, coral plus, purple plus, and super actinic over my 30 gallon deep blue rimless frag tank in a ATI dimmable 4 bulb fixture. I keep bubble tips and clams in the tank. There's also a ORA bird of paradise in the tank and other SPS frags. All are doing great. The light is only covering the front 2/3 of the tank. I have mangroves growing in the back 1/3.
That sounds like a nice combo! Do you have a photo? I'd love to see what things look like in that lighting.
 
That sounds like a nice combo! Do you have a photo? I'd love to see what things look like in that lighting.
This is with a 15k filter
20210328_212038.jpg
 
I plan on setting up another 80 gal frag tank and it will be lit by T5’s only. 6 48” bulbs over the 16” deep tank.

My color combination will be 5 B+ and 1 Coral +
 
Wow. Ballsy. Got a picture ?
That's ancient history man! I suffer from a severe case of unused bulb syndrome. I'm running an eight bulb now with 3 B+ 3 C+ and 2 O3. I tried looking through old pictures to find a six C+ pic, I can't tell which is which lol, sorry. I am considering actually upping the white bulbs again. To me the C+ looks great by itself, nice and warm, with excellent color rendition. As soon as you start throwing in B+ I like the look less, but I'm conditioned into thinking the B+ is mandatory. I'll snap a pic of whatever the combo of the week is this time and post it. I'm thinking 6 C+ and 2 O3.
 
That's ancient history man! I suffer from a severe case of unused bulb syndrome. I'm running an eight bulb now with 3 B+ 3 C+ and 2 O3. I tried looking through old pictures to find a six C+ pic, I can't tell which is which lol, sorry. I am considering actually upping the white bulbs again. To me the C+ looks great by itself, nice and warm, with excellent color rendition. As soon as you start throwing in B+ I like the look less, but I'm conditioned into thinking the B+ is mandatory. I'll snap a pic of whatever the combo of the week is this time and post it. I'm thinking 6 C+ and 2 O3.
I'm running 2 blue plus 1 coral plus and an actinic on my 75 and 2coral 2blue on my frag. Don't sleep on actinic.... I'm a coral plus guy but I just put it in last night and it's NICE
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new