Best actinic lighting for SPS

childress5tyler

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
809
Reaction score
66
Location
Fairland, IN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm rebuilding my canopy and contemplating switching my vho super actinics to 4x 39 watt T5s for actinic lighting. Would you rather have 2x 36" super actinic VHOs or 4x 39 watt T5s (2 blue plus, 1 coral plus, and 1 purple plus) to go along with 2x 250 watt radiums?
 
I run all T5.... But a buddy of mine runs the above combo with radiums. Sps color is amazing.
 
Aqua fire/medic
What kind daylight do u use ?? I'm wondering of changing my t5's and was wondering what's the best combo to go with
 
Right now I'm running 4 blue + 1 coral + 1 purple +. Thinking about going with another coral + instead of purple.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new