Best adapter to connect RODI to the bathroom faucet?

Anand_Karat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

Looking for insights from you all regarding what would be the best adaptor to connect my aquatic life rodi buddie to the batroom faucet. I stay at a rental property so do not have much options to make changes

Thanks!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sell hardware at home depot and Lowe's for what you need. You screw off you faucet screen and either screw an extension in or on depending what type of faucet you have.
Best bet is to bring the part with you and have an employee show you where the parts are that you need.

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I used. You might want to also consider an adapter for the shower as well.
IMG_0777.jpg

OP
OP
Anand_Karat

Anand_Karat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I used. You might want to also consider an adapter for the shower as well.
IMG_0777.jpg
Thank you for your quick reply. Well I got the same adaptor from Homedepot and used it about 2 times. Now I find that water is leaking.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your quick reply. Well I got the same adaptor from Homedepot and used it about 2 times. Now I find that water is leaking.
I had to use plenty of plumbers tape on the connections to get mine not to leak.
Also may want to consider what other poster said about getting something for shower.
Problem with bathroom faucet is not enough pressure for most as its typically reduced down for main feed coming in and the distributed to faucet under the sink...
If you can figure out a way to do it under the sink before it gets reduced down that will be your best bet.

OP
OP
Anand_Karat

Anand_Karat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about hooking it up to the kitchen sink? The other option is to get an adapter for the shower. IIRC BRS sells one.

Haha, I tried getting the aerator off from the kitchen sink. I think its been ages since someone tried to remove it.. I guess its fused on there.

OP
OP
Anand_Karat

Anand_Karat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to use plenty of plumbers tape on the connections to get mine not to leak.
Also may want to consider what other poster said about getting something for shower.
Problem with bathroom faucet is not enough pressure for most as its typically reduced down for main feed coming in and the distributed to faucet under the sink...
If you can figure out a way to do it under the sink before it gets reduced down that will be your best bet.

I think ill try the plumbers tape and see if I can stop the leak..

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back