Best Algae Removal Methods?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hsp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hsp

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2023
Messages
220
Reaction score
114
Location
Sydney, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your best methods for removing algae, especially GHA, from around zoas?

My zoas are doing well overall, but I keep getting patches of GHA growing between the polyps. I’ve been removing it manually with tweezers (see video), but it’s pretty tricky. I have to reach quite far into the tank, which makes it hard to be precise, and I’m always worried about damaging the corals.



Is there a better or safer way to deal with this? Any tools, techniques, or approaches that have worked well for you?

Thanks in advance for any tips!
 
More cuc! Crabs and urchins can take care of it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new