Best aquascaping cement and why?

bullet reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2013
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Location
Shreveport, LA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to decide what kind of cement or epoxy to use to build a rock wall for the back wall of my 240g. The product by Marco Rocks below was recommended by a highly regarded friend but it is out of stock and would be quite pricey for the amount I would be needing.

So I would like to hear everyone's opinion of what they think would be the best choice and why... please include any info or reasons for your choice such as it's ability at blending in well, price point, ease of use, etc.
Thanks for your input!

Screenshot_2013-05-16-10-46-16_zps128c57c1.png
 
if you are trying to attach rock to glass the best thing to use is silicon. thats what Marco told me. but rock to rock their cement is awesome. why? because it works lol
 
Thorite cement is the same thing as hydrolic cement and I purchased mine at Ace Hardware and comes in many sized containers. It has a fast working time so if using either I would only mix small amounts that you can use in about 2-3 minutes and then mix more for another attachment. I don't know what there premix liquid is but I just used RODI water and it was fine for me.
 
Thanks fatmike
Thorite cement is the same thing as hydrolic cement and I purchased mine at Ace Hardware and comes in many sized containers. It has a fast working time so if using either I would only mix small amounts that you can use in about 2-3 minutes and then mix more for another attachment. I don't know what there premix liquid is but I just used RODI water and it was fine for me.
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be looking into that!
How did you know it was the same stuff?
 
the premix solution, is acryl60 mixed with water. acryl60 is a harder/curing agent. you can mix it with just water, but with the acryl60 you will get a much faster setting and stronger cement.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new