Best ATO Unit Thats Reliable

ZoaAddiction81

Nems And More Nems
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m finally breaking down and I’m buying a auto top off system...I have found two of interest so far a AutoAqua Smart Micro System or a XP Aqua Duetto Dual Sensor any ideas ????

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't be scared. Just follow the basic rules and you will be OK. Have the ATO pump well above the top of the water reservoir so that no water moves with gravity. Have the ATO hose dose into the air so that nothing gets siphoned. Do not let your ATO run dry and have the pump try and move air. The triple (optical eye, float and timer) on the Tunze will save you in case one or two things fail.

This is one thing that you cannot really cheap out on.

The 3152 uses a float and a timer. The 3155 uses an optical eye too. The 3155 is better than the 3152, but I would use the 3152 over any other unit. It goes like this... 3155 > 3152 > world.

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tunze 3155 has been rock-solid for me.

The XP Aqua Duetto Dual Sensor has been a royal pain. Not sure why, but the lower sensor is not triggered and my water level constantly fluctuates between the upper and lower optical sensors. They are installed vertically, as per instructions, cleaned regularly, away from high flow areas and bubbles. Waiting for XP autoaqua to get back to me...

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 Tunze 3155's and they have worked great. I started running kalk in my ATOs about a year and a half ago. No problems yet.

I also have an XP Aqua Duetto on a 10 g nano. It works very good, but like others have stated, I do have to clean the sensor frequently.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Spectrapure UPLC - ATO
2) Tunze 3155
3) Avast Marine ATO

I’ve owned all three and ranked them accordingly. You really can’t go wrong with any of these choices IMO. They are all very reliable and have stellar reputations and track records to back them up. However, if you do plan on dosing Kalkwasser, I would prefer the Spectrapure or the Avast as they use a pressure tube/switch that cannot get fouled, unlike optical sensors and float switches.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back