Best automatic fish feeder for the buck

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the holidays coming up, and Black Friday sales in full swing, I’m thinking I’ll pick up an automatic fish feeder for days I’m traveling. I still plan to feed daily by hand, but would like a feeder to feed pellets for 2-7 days when I’m gone on weekends or vacation.

That said, what’s your favorite feeders? Or any to stay away from?

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Eheim battery operated Auto fish feeder. Ive been using it for years and havent had any issues. You can program up to 4 feedings a day at specific times. I recommend buying the feeding station that goes with it to avoid food just floating around on top of the water and into the overflows. It drops the food into an acrylic chamber that allows the food to soak up water and sink. See links below.

https://www.amazon.com/Everyday-Fee...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9ZQV39NEG3E3QTYP6R4W

https://www.amazon.com/Eheim-7006293-Aquarium-Feeding-Station/dp/B00SHKCIZ0

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto on the eheim feeder, but I have the 2 little fishies food holder. Works great, though honestly I haven't seen it operate myself in months but I assume it's working as the batteries are still good. I would feel more confident with the Apex one, but I don't think the price justifies it, and I've not read good review about the Apex one. Just a note with the eheim one, the settings between closed and the first notch are huge, put a piece of tape on it to hold it open halfway between closed and the first notch.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the eheim and neptune AFS. Really like that I can program the AFS to feed every other day or only on certain days. For the price you really can't beat the eheim. It’s a simple set it and forget it and just works. If I just needed something for vacation or to go out of town then I would probably grab the eheim.

I have my AFS setup above my sumps return pump. It drops the pellet food and then gets sucked into the return pump and blown all into the displaytank. Seems to be working great so far.

20171118_210633.jpg

OP
OP
._Z_.

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks everyone. I ended up purchasing an eheim. Haven’t played with it yet though

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back