best ballast with lumenbright mini wide

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hungriee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hungriee

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Messages
284
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about purchasing the lumenbright mini wide []Aquarium Specialty to light my 36x36x24 cube.

What ballast would be the best to go w/ a 250W radium bulb?

1) Reflector - Lumenbright Mini Wide
2) Ballast - ?
3) Bulb Choice - 250W (probably radium)

Anything else I'm missing to make the light set up work? I'm new to MH.
 
I know it sucks... You would have to find a used one somewhere.. Most of the ballast are m138 which is a pulse start and will fire radiums but not to there full potential like a m80 I don't know if anyone is really selling the m80s any more... It's a shame man they were the best ballasts out IMO. I just picked up a Used dual pfo 250w for 60$ "score" :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new