Best Budget Nano Tanks?

talh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2017
Messages
306
Reaction score
243
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a 55 gallon reef and am moving out of the house and taking it with me. My mom wants me to set up a reef tank for her before I go because she says she'll miss mine. (Not sure if she'll miss me though -- probably not! :p)

This is actually a good opportunity for me to trim up my tank, I got stuff growing into each other all over the place. She doesn't like a lot of maintenance and my dad is over having any big aquariums in the house, so I'm thinking an all-in-one nano tank would be the best fit. I also don't want to break the bank on it -- want to stay around $200 or less, if possible. I will probably end up finding what I want and then searching for it used.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a small all-in-one nano tank under $200? Here are some I found already, so if you have any opinion on these:
JBJ "Cubey" 20 gallon
Coralife 16 gallon

Thanks!
 
Hello,

I have a 55 gallon reef and am moving out of the house and taking it with me. My mom wants me to set up a reef tank for her before I go because she says she'll miss mine. (Not sure if she'll miss me though -- probably not! :p)

This is actually a good opportunity for me to trim up my tank, I got stuff growing into each other all over the place. She doesn't like a lot of maintenance and my dad is over having any big aquariums in the house, so I'm thinking an all-in-one nano tank would be the best fit. I also don't want to break the bank on it -- want to stay around $200 or less, if possible. I will probably end up finding what I want and then searching for it used.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a small all-in-one nano tank under $200? Here are some I found already, so if you have any opinion on these:
JBJ "Cubey" 20 gallon
Coralife 16 gallon

Thanks!
Have you tried Offer Up, Craigslist, etc.....
 
evo 13.5 with the skimmer , make some kind of small cheap ato and you gold my kid runs one its fool proof as far as nano in a box goes prob get tank + skimmer and heater for like 215, those new ai pumps are crazy looking for a nano and switch out the return pump it came with(140gph) to be the ato pump grab anything in the 300-400 gph range and you can just chill so prob 300 in total for gear.
 
evo 13.5 with the skimmer , make some kind of small cheap ato and you gold my kid runs one its fool proof as far as nano in a box goes prob get tank + skimmer and heater for like 215, those new ai pumps are crazy looking for a nano and switch out the return pump it came with(140gph) to be the ato pump grab anything in the 300-400 gph range and you can just chill so prob 300 in total for gear.
This one? Link
 
yessir, they make a skimmer for it and its excellent glass ,ect awsome viewing when placed peninsula gives you so much more room to view/ place light riiips for a stock light its 100% reef spec
 
yessir, they make a skimmer for it and its excellent glass ,ect awsome viewing when placed peninsula gives you so much more room to view/ place light riiips for a stock light its 100% reef spec
Thanks!
 
Inappropriate reefers budget tank was like $150 I think. Just need to find a used ATO and you’ll be good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new