best car wash and wax

Chris Adams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
1,227
Reaction score
943
Location
Port Charlotte Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has got to be a few car show nuts here. Who better to ask these questions to.
What is the best car wash and wax for black car?
Any preference in micro fiber towels etc?
What products do you use?
 
I'm lazy so I'm using a sealant instead of wax. I've been using Optimum Opti-seal. I forget what soap I have right now, but it's nothing special. I throw in some Optimum No Rinse to slick it up a bit.

There's lots of other options that work great though, Wolfgang Deep Gloss is one I might try next. I've been using the Optimum for a few years mainly because I can't seem to use it up. If you want a forum to go nuts on, autopia.org is all about car detailing.
 
I'm lazy so I'm using a sealant instead of wax. I've been using Optimum Opti-seal. I forget what soap I have right now, but it's nothing special. I throw in some Optimum No Rinse to slick it up a bit.

There's lots of other options that work great though, Wolfgang Deep Gloss is one I might try next. I've been using the Optimum for a few years mainly because I can't seem to use it up. If you want a forum to go nuts on, autopia.org is all about car detailing.

Awesome thanks for info and link

Meguires Gold. Smells good too.
I did pick some of this up :) based on reviews and videos but figured can't hurt to get feedback from people on here.
I mean after all if you can't trust a reefer who can you trust
 
Collinite 915 looks great on black and lasts 6 months +. You can also use it on the black plastic parts without leaving white stains. I even use it on my glass. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is not a wax obviously, but it also looks great on black and lasts about 6 months. Meguiar's Gold Class is a good bang for your buck car wash. Spray on a little Griot's Spray On Wax before drying and your black paint will look wet. I like the purple microfibers from autogeek, but you can probably find better bargains on towels.
 
Back when I had a car I cared for I used Zaino Brothers' system. It was awesome. Stupidly expensive though.
 
Kind of like asking what's the best salt with so many great products out there. I always had good luck with Zaino products.
 
Any mild soap is good. I use Dawn dish detergent or any other car specific wash. Anything else would be too harsh on paint. I've seen people use degreasers such as Mean Green which is a No-GO. I use it with a pressure washer and foam applicator attachment for good foam wash. I wash twice to make sure I get everything. I even use a paint brushes to get into the crevices of the car. I use a microfiber wash cloth because anything else risks scratching the paint. I use a XL Microfiber Drying towel due to the same reason. I use clay bar before waxing. I use it on the paint and on the windows/windshield. I run a razor over the glass first to remove any caked on crud then use the clay bar. Then I do the second wash. As for wax, I use Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new