Best Dosing Pump?

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using Spectrapure Litermeters since the '90s. Absolute reliability, never has one failed.

nick0206

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of acquiring a dising pump after almost 15 years of manual dosing.
I am looking for something inexpensive and reliable. Acquired not very expensive 3 dosing Chinese pumps, which turned out to be very unreliable.
One deteriorated immediately, another after a week lost the setting. A month later, everyone was in the trash can.
Jebao has a lot of conflicting reviews. Someone works fine, someone doesn't, but everyone is unhappy with the settings module.
Everyone agrees that the best GHL doser. I agree, but he is in the highest price category, I can not afford it at that price
(for the same reason, I drive a Volkswagen and not a Lamborghini).
I am interested in dosers of the middle price category, your personal experience in their use, disadvantages and recommendations.
For example, such as Kamoer, Aqua Medic, Bubble Magus. I am pleased to read reviews of other models.
Thank you in advance.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of acquiring a dising pump after almost 15 years of manual dosing.
I am looking for something inexpensive and reliable. Acquired not very expensive 3 dosing Chinese pumps, which turned out to be very unreliable.
One deteriorated immediately, another after a week lost the setting. A month later, everyone was in the trash can.
Jebao has a lot of conflicting reviews. Someone works fine, someone doesn't, but everyone is unhappy with the settings module.
Everyone agrees that the best GHL doser. I agree, but he is in the highest price category, I can not afford it at that price
(for the same reason, I drive a Volkswagen and not a Lamborghini).
I am interested in dosers of the middle price category, your personal experience in their use, disadvantages and recommendations.
For example, such as Kamoer, Aqua Medic, Bubble Magus. I am pleased to read reviews of other models.
Thank you in advance.
The BRS dosing pumps are very reliable in my experience. I have the 1.1ml/minute one. You have to calibrate it when you first get it, as sometimes they don’t run right at 1.1ml. But once you know the exact rate, they’re easy to use with a controller (I have an Apex jr.).

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%

Back