Best external mount DC pump

zach_discus

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
557
Reaction score
191
Location
Snohomish WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
getting ready to start the build for my 240. Tank is already drilled and set up for a closed loop.

Looking for 2000 to 3000+gph pump for the closed loop. I'm looking for variable speed, so I can reduce the output at night and ramp up down during the day.
Second pump for the return, around 1500 to 2000gph. Prefer to go with external pumps.

I like the Jebao pumps I used on my 180, but the could not be used externally.

Thanks for any and all help.
 
Look into the Deepwater Aquatics BLDC Pumps. I have the BLDC 8 on my manifold system and it's been running great for the two months it's been in use. If I'm not mistaken these are the same blocks EcoTech is using for their Vectra Pump Line only different color, different volute, different controller and maybe impeller (haven't seen a picture of their impeller yet).
 
Glad I saw this thread.
The BLDC15 looks like a nice replacement pump for my Dart closed loop pump..

I wonder what the noise level would be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 
Royal Exclusiv Red Dragon 230 would probably be about top dog, with the Abyzz pumps right there as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new