Best fish food?

jfjt7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon fish only with live rock. All the fish are carnivores and I was wondering if there’s a really good food to feed my fish. The fish range from 2inch to 6inch. If there is anymore info about the fish that you need, tell me.

Fish are: Hawkfish, zebra lined dartfish, blue devil damsel, Sargent major, and a pink prawn goby.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon fish only with live rock. All the fish are carnivores and I was wondering if there’s a really good food to feed my fish. The fish range from 2inch to 6inch. If there is anymore info about the fish that you need, tell me.
Types?

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best fish food is what they eat in the ocean. Go to the asian supermarket and stock up on seafood. Clams, mussels, shrimp, fish, all that kind of stuff. I like to blend it all up and freeze it in flat sheets.

It's not only the best fish food, it's also the cheapest!

OP
OP
jfjt7

jfjt7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get It LRS gets my vote for “best food” for frozen and TDO Chroma boots for pellet. Just my opinion, probably not the only one that feels this way

I’m not proud of this but I’ve been feeding my fish San Francisco Bay brand brine shrimp and Mysis. And found the bad effects too late :(

OP
OP
jfjt7

jfjt7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got fish outliving their wild counterparts with New Life Spectrum pellets.

Seriously? Diet really is everything. I’ve been feeding my fish only brine shrimp because I thought it was a good food, up until I noticed that it was not a good food.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For commercial frozen foods LRS is probably best you can get. That and PE Mysis are the only frozen foods I feed. You can definitely make your own frozen, I find it a PITA so I buy it.

For pellets I like the PE Mysis pellets, TDO Chroma Boost and some of the New Life Spectrum pellets.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my tank LRS Reef Frenzy in the morning and NLS (New Life System) pellets in afternoon. livestock love both

OP
OP
jfjt7

jfjt7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Here's one, a Lemon Peel angel at 13 years, in the wild dwarf angels are lucky to make it to 10-11 years. Sadly I lost it last year at 15+ years old. I still have to wait some for this sailfin though ;Happy

Wow I really have to switch it up. All I’ve been feeding my fish is brine shrimp and mysis.

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge fan of Rod's Food (he was very helpful to me when I was new in the hobby, so I'm biased - but my fish LOVE it). I would not use the original blend, but the fish-only blend will be great for your inhabitants.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
LRS

In your case - Reef frenzy by LRS

Miketay89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered some bulk frozen food from jehmco. It seems like really good stuff. You do have to order a lot to make it worth the shipping but my fish have been loving it.

WvAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also looking into this deal
Screenshot_20201021-201202.jpg

Back