Best fish for frag tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter sevitz5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Who knows. Any reef safe fish will do but I️t has to be a smaller fish for obvious reasons. Maybe a couple clowns or you can do reef safe basslets or chromis. Up to you.
 
6 line wrasse and lawnmower blenny.
+1 to the above.
I think these two are very good options for a small frag tank as 'worker' fish.
You could also go with an 8 line/pink streak wrasse, then get away with a smaller algae eater (blenny or goby) that would potentially get bullied by the 6 line.
 
Pink streak or wetmorella species of wrasse and a starry blenny.
 
Pink streak wrasse for me, or even a pair. This is mainly for pest control. Sixline are also great and I have one in my frag tank on its own with some snails to help with algae.
I do have a yellow spot scorpionfish in what was a frag tank, so consider things that you wouldn't want in your reef tank (the scorpion I have would be fine in a normal reef but it's hard to find where it is half the time and I don't want to get spiked). I say it was a frag tank but it's basically just a massive stylophora coral now in which the scorpion lives quite happily.
 
Good suggestions so far! I'd definitely go for fish to help with pest and algae control.
 
Would definitely just go with a Sixline for pests. Hardy fish and constantly busy searching for bugs. Also perfectly happy having his/her own territory without other tank mates. If tank was bigger I'd suggest Tang of some kind for Algae. You could just go with a small lawn mower blenny. My tailspot blenny eats algae on the regular from all my rocks and glass.
 
I love my Yellow Clown Goby. Very small, peaceful and fun to watch.
 
Yellow Coris is a good one as long as you have sand bed, or want to put a cup of sand in for him
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new