Best fish/starfish/crab/snail

Large water change would help...and my trochus snails ate all my diatoms!
 
I love all my hermit grabs. Blue legged, scarlets and red Mexican. Fish? Pink spotted watchman goby. It's hardy and cleans the crap out my sand bed. Yea makes a little mess. But not as bad as my once yellow head goby.
 
I will add that a pistol shrimp should be considered a member of clean up crew for those tanks with a sand bed.
The pistol shrimp is constantly working on their burrow and in doing so, they're moving sand from underneath the rock work out into the open.
It's still very important for us to keep the sand bed clean, but we cannot get to those locations covered by the rock.
I love this answer! My choice is my Engineer goby! He has literally cleaned out underneath all my rock structures! He is amazing for cleaning sand! After him I love my nassarius snails. Ooh and my hermits! Can't forget those guys!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new