Best hinges for a flip up canopy

  • Thread starter Thread starter riche
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
438
Location
Metro Detroit
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im looking for some hinges for a flip up canopy front, Should I go with brass, ss or is Zinc plated ok?

My tank canopy is 36" wide 12" high and will be 1/2" ply

So would multiple 1" be okay of should I go with something longer?
 
If this is like a side panel that you'd flip up to work on the tank, consider some style of "locking" or "hold up" hinges that lock in the "up" position, so you're not constantly having to hold the panel up and out of your way. There's a bunch of different styles, certainly something will work well for your design, give it a search. Good luck!
 
I use Blum aventos lift hinges and they work well for a front lift canopy
 
I’d go with some gas struts. Slowly opens and closes and locks in place when fully opened. I installed them on mine and they work great.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new