Best HOB overflow box?

will?

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2024
Messages
178
Reaction score
74
Location
Queensland
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, looking to get a HOB overflow box for a 150L tank, seems to be a lot of cheap copies of higher end ones, but looking for something reliable around $100-$150 AUD. Any recommendations from experience? Cheers in advance!
 
Not sure about best but I'm running one of These on a 40g breeder which is about 150L. It's comparable to an eshopps pf 800 which I've also used and worked well but this one's considerably cheaper.

Oh okay. How long have you had it? Have you had any issues?
 
The one I linked has only been running a few weeks. I have no reason to believe it will be any less reliable than the eshopps pf 800. I ran two of those in this tank for 6 years with no problems.

PXL_20240222_233233684~2.jpg
 
Aqueon or Lifereef. I've had quality issues with others, but if you have no choice just be sure you test it for leaks, test it through simulated power outages, etc......many, many times before you trust it. Any brand should be tested because defects and accidents happen.....but I trust some names for reliable build quality a lot more than others.
 
Aqueon or Lifereef. I've had quality issues with others, but if you have no choice just be sure you test it for leaks, test it through simulated power outages, etc......many, many times before you trust it. Any brand should be tested because defects and accidents happen.....but I trust some names for reliable build quality a lot more than others.

Do you know of anywhere in Australia I could get one of these?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new