Best LED Lighting for the money?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtmow00
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gtmow00

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure this topic has come up before, so I apologize in advance for a repeat topic. I have had the Marineland Reef Capable LEDs for a couple of years and I'm not happy with them. I only have some Zoanthids and a toadstool leather in my 65g tank and I never plan to have any SPS corals. My question is, what is the best 36" LED lighting choice for the money?
 
As far as a fixture I would say the bridgelux fixtures reefbreeders is carrying they are made by evergrow in China they are full spectrum fixtures
 
I would say maxspect razor. They use Cree LEDs, you can control them to ramp up and down gradually (which I liked), the whole fixture is a heatsink and the fans only turn on when the fixture gets warm enough, and they are not much more than the comparable reefbreeders fixture. It doesn't have all types of crazy options like storms and such but IMO they aren't needed and I wouldn't use them and not having them makes the fixture more affordable which works for me.
 
I too own a maxspect razor 160w 16k version and am very
happy with it have had it for 5 months and my corals are
Happy and look amazing great product for under 500$
 
I'd say reefbreeders,iv never used themmyself but I know a few people that love them and have read many great reviews,You really can't beat there price for what you get and you will be able to keep any coral you want.if you want to spend a little more I'd go with Ai sol there awesome lights
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new