Best lifter pump for JBJ auto top off

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tabasco1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Messages
2,123
Reaction score
65
Location
Rocky Mountain High
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting my top off up again... I had been using Tom's aqualifter pump and it was ok. Just checkin in to see if there is a better option?

TIA
 
I don't think you can beat a Tom's Aqualifter with a rebuild kit on hand when it dies. I just did the rebuild on mine, after eight years, having the kit handy, that I purchased from BRS HERE.

HERE's the post on the rebuild. And I've put in an order to replace this kit to once again have it ready to go.
 
Perfect. thanks! Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a better recommendation.
 
I'm hoping others chime in....that's just my experience / opinion. I hope it's not the only one.
 
I love the Tom's Aqualifter pumps use them as ATOs on 3 of my tanks and have rebuilt one that is still kicking... No issues with that pump!
 
I use a aqualifter as a topoff pump on my 50 gallon tank, but on my 240 I use a maxi-jet 1200. Need a little flow and power because the topoff container is about 8' from the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new