Best light for 24in deep cube tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gizzo12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My ai prime covers the area but since it's one light in the middle it shadows all over the place behind rocks
Could you post a pic I’m curious how it looks! Does it still grow coral and everything?
 
A kessil A360X will have enough power for you. I'm going with a single A360X but supplementing with 4 24" T5's over my 30"x30" cube so I can grow anything I want. With your smaller tank a single A360X would be just fine.
 
If your in
Could you post a pic I’m curious how it looks! Does it still grow coral and everything?
Yeah it grows both sps and softys for me. Sorry lights out time but this somewhat shows the shadowing that's when I first put it on. Mine is only 4" off of surface too obviously 8-12 will have a much greater span. Also mine is only half power so you should still get the sps power on top center area.
20200114_140350~2.jpg
 
If your in

Yeah it grows both sps and softys for me. Sorry lights out time but this somewhat shows the shadowing that's when I first put it on. Mine is only 4" off of surface too obviously 8-12 will have a much greater span. Also mine is only half power so you should still get the sps power on top center area.
20200114_140350~2.jpg
I probably wouldn’t have much sps but I’m assuming it would grow any lps without an issue?
 
Oh yeah it grows sps great, but so does an orbit marine. I had that light first, the colors aren't quite as good because you can not change to your liking, but it's a bar that goes across the top so no shadowing. and it's the most affordable functioning light out there.
 
Oh yeah it grows sps great, but so does an orbit marine. I had that light first, the colors aren't quite as good because you can not change to your liking, but it's a bar that goes across the top so no shadowing. and it's the most affordable functioning light out there.
Yeah I’m not a fan of the colors either
 
AI Prime 16HD will work great with your 24 inch deep tank and they go for around $200, and for the price it grows coral like a beast
I’m guessing I need 2 for a tank 38x12x24? 45 gallon tall
 
My son has a marsaqua black box over his tall tank and it is more than enough light. You get no bells/whistles, but it does work...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new