Best light for cheato growth

  • Thread starter Thread starter iamurri33
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'm using a cheap black box led and a week ago put 2 bundles of chaeto in to test growth. They were both size of a youth baseball. Both are about the size of a cantaloupe now.
 
My flow setup in my fuge doesn't make the chaeto tumble, but I recently moved an urchin down there who carries the chaeto around while he cleans the walls. Chaeto growth has exploded since he started moving it around... best relocation of pesty SPS demolisher ever!
 
My flow setup in my fuge doesn't make the chaeto tumble, but I recently moved an urchin down there who carries the chaeto around while he cleans the walls. Chaeto growth has exploded since he started moving it around... best relocation of pesty SPS demolisher ever!

I use a small powerhead in my refugium for extra flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new