Best light setting for just POP for AI lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waynerock
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2018
Messages
2,634
Reaction score
5,062
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to make a save that I can switch to and show guests how crazy fluorescent the corals can get. This is NOT for everyday use. Is it all Royal Blue only or reg blue? Mix in some violet or UV? Red? What is the best it’s for a few AI prime 16’s. Thanks
 
Definitely go with some 390 nm leds then.

The whole idea is that our eyes don't pick up that wavelength very well, but the coral have fluorescent proteins that absorb that wavelength and emit one that's more appealing to our eyes. It leaves us with an effect of the corals glowing in the dark.
 
For night pop I have my royal bkus at 40%, UV and Violet at 10% all others 0%. This provides a crazy popping glowing tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new