Best lighting?

Joe Pulliam

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2015
Messages
66
Reaction score
12
Location
Santa Clarita, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just joined the group and I started a 30 gallon bowfront about a week ago. The tank came with marine land LED light but it's pretty weak. The lights have been off as the tank is cycling but I wanted to know what you guys thought would be the best bang for my buck lights I could get, I plan on growing some small coral and anemones. Thanks!
 
I'm thinking sps and paly but in not totally sure. I have heard there are some good lights that can do pretty much everything but can totally break the bank.
 
You can find some good deals on LEDs, I personally would recommend MH or t5 but it's all preferance.
 
I went with Current orbit marine LEDs. After six months I am very happy.
 
Cool now I have options to throw my wallet at! My wife if going to kill me. "I promise salt water doesn't cost nearly the same as freshwater does." I didn't lie. ;)
 
The most important thing in this hobby is knowing your budget. No matter what it is you can find proper lighting to do what you want to do. Be it halides, t5, led.
 
We're running the ocean revive t247 and have been very happy after 3 months. I've gotten multiple babies on zoas and acans and favia is growing like crazy. Haven't added any sps seeing tanks been cycled for only 3 months so letting it mature before sps. Ocean revive is also a sponsor here.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new