Best lights

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liking to upgrade lights sometime soon I’m looking for better coral coloration. My tank is LPS and softies, currently running 2 Ai primes and a ai blade grow.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Coral coloration comes from much more than just light. I think your current setup would benefit the most from more violet light as that is what pops most LPS and softies.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you wanting more "pop" or something? I don't think changing the lights will really do much for color unless you want to halt growth and force them to build tons of chromoproteins

OP
OP
A

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you wanting more "pop" or something? I don't think changing the lights will really do much for color unless you want to halt growth and force them to build tons of chromoproteins
I mean there’s nothing wrong with them I just wish there was more pop. Like at the coral shows the colors really pop there and I want that in my tank they just don’t seem to look that nice

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean there’s nothing wrong with them I just wish there was more pop. Like at the coral shows the colors really pop there and I want that in my tank they just don’t seem to look that nice

Maybe add an AI blade glow or swap yours out for that. Alternatively you could add an actinic strip from reefbrite or similar.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

They run Ultra Blue tanks and only show the best of the best. I bet adding a Glow or switching the Grow for a Glow would help a lot.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back