Best Magnet cleaner

What magnet are you using to get to those tough algae, which holds on to the glass strong…

• Aqueon with Easy blade

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Algae free - hammerhead/tiger white..

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Flipper

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Mag flat

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Tunze

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • Non magnet scrapers - pls describe

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Others - pls describe

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze all day everyday pretty much most my equipment I’d recommend Tunze it’s made in Germany.
Ha my post gets moderated for mentioning china talk about censorship! Reef2reef part of cancel culture lol guessing I’m going to have to find an alternative site chynaaaaa ! Now do one!

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won the Tunze care magnet from one of the recent giveaways and its easily the best one I've had. I have a flipper that works fine but this Tunze is just next level

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also just won one of the Tunze scrappers and I really like it. I still like my algae free a tiny bit more. Plus if you leave the scraper in the tank all the time the styrofoam float for the Tunze is hideous in my opinion.
If you want one that has a scrubber pad too get the algae free, but if someone prefers just the blade for scraping then the Tunze is better. In my tank I still use the algae free, but I don’t trust my wife to watch for the sand so if she scrapes the glass she uses the Tunze.

OP
OP
SamsReef

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wanted to add some update here.
I tested the Tunze cleaner, hammer head and Flipper side by side. Tunze beats the other two hands down. It’s the blade angle which does the trick. The magnet itself is the weakest, which is actually a plus as well. It is much less strenuous.

I am solely using Tunze since then. cleaning has been so easy and only takes a matter of mins. Once in a month, I put the blade in to scrub any stubborn areas. The blades are easiest to put on the Tunze.

Since I started to use Tunze, have couple of times that I used hammer head outside unit with Tunze blade to scrape some portions which were really stubborn. The outside unit of hammerhead has very strong magnet.

Hopefully this will prevent others from throwing a lot of dollars experimenting. Tunze is hands down the winner.

Sam

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wanted to add some update here.
I tested the Tunze cleaner, hammer head and Flipper side by side. Tunze beats the other two hands down. It’s the blade angle which does the trick. The magnet itself is the weakest, which is actually a plus as well. It is much less strenuous.

I am solely using Tunze since then. cleaning has been so easy and only takes a matter of mins. Once in a month, I put the blade in to scrub any stubborn areas. The blades are easiest to put on the Tunze.

Since I started to use Tunze, have couple of times that I used hammer head outside unit with Tunze blade to scrape some portions which were really stubborn. The outside unit of hammerhead has very strong magnet.

Hopefully this will prevent others from throwing a lot of dollars experimenting. Tunze is hands down the winner.

Sam
Which tunze model? How thick is your glass?

OP
OP
SamsReef

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cost along with ranking
1st place: Tunze strong + - $104(rated for 1 inch)
2nd place: Max Flipper - $94 (also rated for 1 inch)
3rd place: tiger shark float plus - $115(rated for 1 inch)

Hope that is helpful.

Sam

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cost along with ranking
1st place: Tunze strong + - $104(rated for 1 inch)
2nd place: Max Flipper - $94 (also rated for 1 inch)
3rd place: tiger shark float plus - $115(rated for 1 inch)

Hope that is helpful.

Sam
Yeah, I already have the flipper max. Guess I'll stick with it :)

FishPham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mag float, but my hands are always in the tank so while in there, I use my magic eraser, so I don't get much use out of the mag float

OP
OP
SamsReef

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 123 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back