New 40 Breeder AIO for softies

trvrstnk4837

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my last attempt at a reef tank ending in a massive failure I’m giving it another try with something a lot simpler

I got a 40 breeder I intend to use for small nano fish and soft corals so far I’ve….

Spray painted the back glass black

Siliconed in a Fiji Cude AIO

Added my scape, sand and water

And a Siccie pump, Cobalt heater, Osmilator nano and Hygger wave maker
IMG_7456.jpeg
IMG_7449.jpeg

Really wanted to use the AIO on the side like a peninsula but the gaps would have been a real pain to silicone

Still need to work out a nice lid the tank isn’t up the high so I want a nice view from the top i tryed this click together egg crate from Amazon sold as dividers but it’s way to bendy without a brace in the center

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good luck on the new adventure! The 40b is a very versatile size that allows you to change things up in the future.

OP
OP
trvrstnk4837

trvrstnk4837

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

I’ve added some stuff

Eheim auto feeder it was really easy to set up my only complaint is the smallest setting where food reliably comes out drops more pellets then I’d like but I have some nessarius (spelling? Lol) snails help with it and with a weekly water change (4.4 gallon nutri-sea water) my nitrates are still under 20

Tunze 9001 skimmer working good but skim is on the wet side I replaced the silencer with a Gatorade bottle of soda lime and so far my PH is now around 8.2 (from 7.9)

IMG_7539.jpeg

ReefBright 50/50 36” pro light im hoping it’s enough on its own for softies it’s right above the water and the tanks shallow I am going to rent a par meter from my LFS soon

InTank media basket made for the Fiji cude 40 breeder AIO insert which is honestly a life saver the finger sock holder it came with is kinof a joke it’s like a whole inch less wide then the chamber so water flows right by even with the mesh sock it comes not being clogged at all …. I was going to give it a try thinking it comes with it maybe it’ll work so I bought some socks and realized it takes 3” rimmed socks not 2.75” so that would be a pain …. The media basket is excellent citing squares of filter floss and swapping regularly is way easier

OP
OP
trvrstnk4837

trvrstnk4837

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could maintain a higher ph…I don’t have a skimmer. Don’t really need one. But I think I’m going to get one and try the bottle of soda lime like you did.

Yeah so far so good with it, I just have 2 small holes in the bottom of the bottle and I glued a double male air line fitting into the cap

MacKReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there. I'm building a tank like yours and was wondering a couple of things. What size return pump did you get? How deep is the sump area of the AIO. Finally what size wave maker did you get and how many?

OP
OP
trvrstnk4837

trvrstnk4837

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there. I'm building a tank like yours and was wondering a couple of things. What size return pump did you get? How deep is the sump area of the AIO. Finally what size wave maker did you get and how many?

Fiji cude suggests 320 gph I think my Sicce is 375

All there sections of the AOI are basically the full depth of the tank

I have 2 of these

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back