Best method to level a larger tank on carpet

  • Thread starter Thread starter Micksfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Do it when she isn't home then go to a buddies for a few beers. ;)
hard to do during these times of quarantine :)


Appreciate all your input! Honestly, if I could swing her mind, I would totally do tiles around the tank. Its just not going to happen.I'll have to live with a piece of plywood under the tank on top of the carpet. My current 60 gallon is on carpet and has done fine for 3 years. So as long as I am careful and have no oh **** accidents, I think I will be okay.

Thank you all for the help!
 
I'm in a similar situation. I am about to set up a new reefer 250 and the only room I can put it is fully carpeted. I don't really care too much about the carpet since its in my man room so I guess I'm just gona put the tank on the carpet and use plastic shims. However, I am considering ripping out about a 3 X 5 foot sections and going vinyl plank to make leveling and clean up easier.
 
I'm in a similar situation. I am about to set up a new reefer 250 and the only room I can put it is fully carpeted. I don't really care too much about the carpet since its in my man room so I guess I'm just gona put the tank on the carpet and use plastic shims. However, I am considering ripping out about a 3 X 5 foot sections and going vinyl plank to make leveling and clean up easier.
For cleanup alone it is worth it IMO. Heck, I wish I had cut out my hardwood floor and tiled it.
 
sorry to bump an old thread. Are shims still advised if the stand has leveling feet?
 
sorry to bump an old thread. Are shims still advised if the stand has leveling feet?
Depends on how the feet work for you. If there are 6-8 feet and you keep having to tinker with them, adding a shim (securely) under one foot might end up being the final solution.
 
Depends on how the feet work for you. If there are 6-8 feet and you keep having to tinker with them, adding a shim (securely) under one foot might end up being the final solution.
makes sense. thank you!
 
Sorry to resurrect an old thread... quick question...
If I'm leveling a 180, rimmed tank, do I place the level diagonally across the bottom glass panel, or across the top rim? My concern is that the top rim is not level itself. Thanks!
 
If you got the big bucks for 180 gallon tank buy a friggin stand. Chances are your carpet is not level because your floor is not level. Buy a stand that allows you to adjust the height on the legs then cut out the carpet where the legs will sit - level the stand. Make her want the aquarium. As if you do it right she won't let you move it or do anything more than make it even more beautiful. OR Put it in the Garage LOL
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new