Best monitoring system

ImThatOneGuyJoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious who makes the best reef monitor system for a reef tank ? I know apex is probably the best but 2800 is crazy to see
Looking for something to monitor po4 no3 ph and alk maybe on the cheaper side if possible, thanks!

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think there is a best system, it all about the simplicity and user friendly also user preference. I use an apex I have had one since the first models were released. I under stand the platform it works for what I need. On that note there are so many options nowadays choose what’s in ur budget and one that you would understand to use. Good luck

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need to monitor NO3, PO4, and Alk, there is no such thing as a cheap system. Those things alone require a Mastertronic which alone is 1,300 and that doesn't even include reagents.

I went the apex route myself because it was a good balance of user friendly, compatability, and ability to do complex automation.

The apex can't automatically measure NO3 and PO4 yet, so if that is a requirement only GHL and Hydros would work since the masterteonic is the only option for that right now.

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you run a CaRx, you really only need to monitor the ph inside the reactor for the Alk. This is assuming you have it dialed in correctly.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back