Best nano protein skimmer

JedClampett

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2015
Messages
643
Reaction score
224
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably will not get one right away, but I will get one sometime for my 37 gallon. I know I don't need one but I always like to have something and not need it, rather than need it and not have it. That said I was looking at the tunze comline doc protein skimmer. Any more suggestions, I'm looking at about the 100 dollar range
 
Aquamax ws-1. I have a BM QQ on a 40 gallons and it can handle well if lightly stock.
 
Can not beat Tunze. Have used them for years. I have a Tunze that is 25 years old and is still skimmin[emoji3][emoji106]
 
I tried the 9001 and I'm fairly impressed for how small it is. I definitely like the semi-recirculating functionality.(the clear plastic is the return area that feeds directly around the pump input; it can be changed to surface skimming as well)
Though I think their 'over-skimming' feature is funny. They just don't seal the bubble chamber with the collection cup. lol.. I jam some Poly-Filter in there and in the sides of the clear plastic at the bottom to increase the recirculation.
I would wait for the DC series they just announced if you can. I think the end of this year they release?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new