Best Nano Skimmer for 32 gallon biocube?

Cool Cat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on what would be the best skimmer to use on a 32 gallon biocube? This tanks been running for about 5 months and has not been modified with a sump. The skimmer would need to fit in the first overflow chamber. And the lid needs to be able to close. Like something with a bit more production than the tiny biocube skimmer that coralife makes. Thanks Nano Reefers!

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chamber 1 is tough. I think you're limited to either the coral life, aquatic life or hydor. I know the Tunze and Icecap wont fit. The Reef Glass skimmer would probably also fit but no clue how well they work.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on what would be the best skimmer to use on a 32 gallon biocube? This tanks been running for about 5 months and has not been modified with a sump. The skimmer would need to fit in the first overflow chamber. And the lid needs to be able to close. Like something with a bit more production than the tiny biocube skimmer that coralife makes. Thanks Nano Reefers!
I like the Aquaticlife 115 and used a strong, acrylic coated magnet from Octo Aquatics to put it in chamber #2 along with an Intank media basket and my water has never been better.
To put this skimmer in chamber #1 you have to lower the DT's water level I think and I wanted as much volume as possible. Very tight fit imho and not sure it gets best water flow because of that.

This is the only combo I've found that works without significant modification to a Biocube's hood/tank

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 45.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 71 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.4%
Back