Frag leather in Biocube?

MariahP

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2022
Messages
248
Reaction score
343
Location
Washington DC
What state or country do you live in
Washington, D.C.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi team!
I have a 32 gallon Biocube and a leather coral that’s grown…very large. I’m wondering if I can frag it in the tank?

I know it’s best to take it out, but I don’t have a good way to go about that with where it’s placed in my rockscape.
 
Hi team!
I have a 32 gallon Biocube and a leather coral that’s grown…very large. I’m wondering if I can frag it in the tank?

I know it’s best to take it out, but I don’t have a good way to go about that with where it’s placed in my rockscape.
Take it out if possible and place into a container of tank water and do your cuts.
This will reduce chances of lower level toxins being released.



 
I have always fraged leathers out of the tank (they really slime a lot when cut). I would get it out first, even if it's inconvenient.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new