Which would you choose?

• Total voters

Rawsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I am looking to add a protein skimmer to my WB 10 Cube and would like some opinions from people who have used these skimmers before.

I am sitting on the fence between

Option 1:
aquamaxx nf-1
5B8044DC-211D-4919-96A4-86E53A2EA447.png

Option 2 :
Icecap K1

78CE56B3-17D5-4A75-A15B-9D44547FEFEF.png

Option 3 :

eShopps nano

E07E1CDB-F2D5-4079-BAEF-F237F82E3B66.png

Hypan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had all three.
I wasn’t too impressed with the build on the icecap, cup was difficult to remove and the plastic seemed overall cheaper than the other two. The magnet wasn’t the best but worked ok. But it skimmed the best by far.
The aquamaxx one was build very nice as most of their stuff is but the little sicce pump left a lot to be desired and the adjustment t isn’t as nice as the icecap.
The eshopps is nice and small if you are short on space and skimmed well for me in a nuvo 10, just got tired of the foam at the bottom.

OP
OP
Rawsreef

Rawsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted "other" just to add the Tunze to the list. They're all good choices, to be honest.
Only reason I haven’t considered this one is because it’s not as easily available. Also I’ve read that normal skimmers > surface skimmers. But thanks!!

I’ve had all three.
I wasn’t too impressed with the build on the icecap, cup was difficult to remove and the plastic seemed overall cheaper than the other two. The magnet wasn’t the best but worked ok. But it skimmed the best by far.
The aquamaxx one was build very nice as most of their stuff is but the little sicce pump left a lot to be desired and the adjustment t isn’t as nice as the icecap.
The eshopps is nice and small if you are short on space and skimmed well for me in a nuvo 10, just got tired of the foam at the bottom.
Reading this I am leaning on the aqua max just for the quality. I have also heard very good things about sicce pumps so I’m not sure what you mean by that, and supposedly the one on the aqua max has a modified pinwheel (not sure what this means) to make the small pump work even better.

Really appreciate you chiming in!
This one looks very nice! Not sure if it will fit the cube 10 I will definitely look into it some more

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is one review recently

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted other as in dont run one.
My 20g nano cube runs no skimmer with a 2g WC once a month.
I love skimmers and run them on my 2 other systems but this nano is 3 months old and imo does not need a skimmer.
Sg and the big 3 stability is all you really need on small systems.
20220424_155611.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 86 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back