Best Online Sites for Supplies

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by jeffmaxwell, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

BRS Bulk Reef Supply
    Marine Depot

These are my goto online shops...awesome customer service, fast shipping, stand behind their products!

2. carbene

carbene Member

kensfish
    bulkreefsupply
    drfostersmith

3. Butitor

Butitor Active Member

4. Signalhead

Signalhead Member

Once I know the exact thing I want (model number ,type) I go online and try to get the cheaper one. No loyalty to one group or store only...

5. Adele

Adele I don't sing R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I really like BRS as well, but shop Amazon too especially if I need something Prime fast and cannot wait the 5-7 day free ship at BRS.

6. Sharvey103

Sharvey103 ReefAddicted R2R Supporter Partner Member 2018

BRS, saltwater aquariums, marine depot, and Drs. Foster and Smith are who I regularly use and have been very please with both quality and service.

7. ShawnSaucier

ShawnSaucier Well-Known Member

I think it depends on what you are looking for. BRS and Marine Depot have the largest variety of gear and both have info videos on equipment and methods of doing things. Some of the smaller stores; Salty Supply, Aqua Cave, etc, may not have as much variety but are also good to find not so common bits and pieces too. Look through the site sponsors and bookmark a bunch.

8. van7271

van7271 Active Member

I check everyone. After all they pretty much sell the same products. I lean more to who gives the best service and the best price. Most of the time I stick with Dr. Foster & Smith. They give great service and if you get on their mailing list you can get discounts up to 25% and sometimes more on flash sells.

9. Charterreefer

Charterreefer Active Member

Premium Aquatics!!
    Premium Aquatics, if I'm not mistaken, has been around about the longest (1996) and has always specialized has in reef tank supply. They have provided me with great service throughout! They also have some killer sales from time to time. BRS is good too but in my experience has the slowest free shipping as compared to Marine depot and Premium Aquatics.

Opus, Tarlon and 4FordFamily like this.
  10. Tarlon

Tarlon Member

For me was BRS, until they refused and cancel my last order without any reason. Now I buy all my stuff on premiumaquatics, they are the best!

Opus and Charterreefer like this.
  11. Rick Mathew

Rick Mathew Active Member R2R Supporter Ocala Reef Club Member Partner Member 2018 Partner Member 2019

Hands down Bulk Reef Supply...Marine Depot for things not handled by BRS

12. Cherub

Cherub Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

BRS is great not only for prices but their customer service is great too. Any time I've had an issue they make it right. I'm a hard customer to deal with sometimes too and they are kind and appreciative no matter what. Plus they make videos that help a ton! Much respect for BRS.

13. smh254

smh254 Valuable Member Partner Member 2018

I live on the East Coast so I order from these guys much faster shipping.https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/ I think they have warehouses on the East Coast and West Coast.

mwilk19 likes this.
  14. OLDREEFER44

OLDREEFER44 Active Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019

If you are starting out and need to purchase several pieces of equipment , I would suggest Premium Aquatics as they have given me deals on large purchases. Suggest contacting them with a list and see what they will do for you.

15. Opus

Opus Valuable Member

I started ordering from them when they were in FAMA.

16. vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081 Well known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

it is because of our sponsors, this group is large and strong. I would look at them first and sign up for their newsletters and keep track of daily/weekly specials, points and incentives they frequently offer

Draft saved Draft deleted