Best Online Sites for Supplies

Gamma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS Bulk Reef Supply
Marine Depot

These are my goto online shops...awesome customer service, fast shipping, stand behind their products!

Signalhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I know the exact thing I want (model number ,type) I go online and try to get the cheaper one. No loyalty to one group or store only...

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like BRS as well, but shop Amazon too especially if I need something Prime fast and cannot wait the 5-7 day free ship at BRS.

Sharvey103

ReefAddicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS, saltwater aquariums, marine depot, and Drs. Foster and Smith are who I regularly use and have been very please with both quality and service.

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends on what you are looking for. BRS and Marine Depot have the largest variety of gear and both have info videos on equipment and methods of doing things. Some of the smaller stores; Salty Supply, Aqua Cave, etc, may not have as much variety but are also good to find not so common bits and pieces too. Look through the site sponsors and bookmark a bunch.

van7271

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I check everyone. After all they pretty much sell the same products. I lean more to who gives the best service and the best price. Most of the time I stick with Dr. Foster & Smith. They give great service and if you get on their mailing list you can get discounts up to 25% and sometimes more on flash sells.

Charterreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Premium Aquatics!!
Premium Aquatics, if I'm not mistaken, has been around about the longest (1996) and has always specialized has in reef tank supply. They have provided me with great service throughout! They also have some killer sales from time to time. BRS is good too but in my experience has the slowest free shipping as compared to Marine depot and Premium Aquatics.

Tarlon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me was BRS, until they refused and cancel my last order without any reason. Now I buy all my stuff on premiumaquatics, they are the best!

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the best online sites for someone who is starting out?

The best price for quality equipment/ supplies.

Any recommendations for supplies?

Hands down Bulk Reef Supply...Marine Depot for things not handled by BRS

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is great not only for prices but their customer service is great too. Any time I've had an issue they make it right. I'm a hard customer to deal with sometimes too and they are kind and appreciative no matter what. Plus they make videos that help a ton! Much respect for BRS.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are starting out and need to purchase several pieces of equipment , I would suggest Premium Aquatics as they have given me deals on large purchases. Suggest contacting them with a list and see what they will do for you.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Premium Aquatics!!
Premium Aquatics, if I'm not mistaken, has been around about the longest (1996) and has always specialized has in reef tank supply. They have provided me with great service throughout! They also have some killer sales from time to time. BRS is good too but in my experience has the slowest free shipping as compared to Marine depot and Premium Aquatics.

I started ordering from them when they were in FAMA.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
it is because of our sponsors, this group is large and strong. I would look at them first and sign up for their newsletters and keep track of daily/weekly specials, points and incentives they frequently offer

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while and this post came up when I searched. I'm "wishlisting" supplies to build an XL 525. I see Marine Depot has a "get 15% off RO/DI filter for life when you buy the unit from us".

As with others. I would support the "mom and pop" places / sponsors as much as possible until the price difference starts to "hurt". Seems a couple of the "big" ones (BRS and MarineDepot) have reward programs so that becomes a pretty big attracter since this hobby isn't cheap.

I would definitely sign up for the e-mails from most of the places but sometimes you can't wait for a 25% off coupon or other sale if it's a recurring/regular purchase

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back