Best place to get ghost shrimp

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a petco or petsmart near you, both usually carry ghost shrimp :)

OP
OP
Shrimpinator123

Shrimpinator123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a petco or petsmart near you, both usually carry ghost shrimp :)
Thanks, Yeah, I was calling around all day today looking. Finnaly found one that does have a group, going in to pick it up tommorow. Was wondering if anybody has a more reliable source?

Brittany Marie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Yeah, I was calling around all day today looking. Finnaly found one that does have a group, going in to pick it up tommorow. Was wondering if anybody has a more reliable source?

I’ve felt your pain...I went to get some from my petco on their delivery day, the guy told me to come back in 5 hours...I had to work so I went back the next morning...no shrimp...I was beyond ticked...then lost my warty 2 days later... I have gotten them online at saltybottomreefcompany.com they’re 0.20 a piece, cheaper than petco...but the shipping...

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's also this place, but like you said, shipping is a killer. But depending on where you are, they do have good rates for the southeast. Problem is feeding just one predator, many will die before you get a chance to feed them. Freezing the fresh dead is sometimes an option, works for my lions, not so sure about the anglers, again the live to dead transfer a bit more difficult.
https://www.livebrineshrimp.com/

OP
OP
Shrimpinator123

Shrimpinator123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's also this place, but like you said, shipping is a killer. But depending on where you are, they do have good rates for the southeast. Problem is feeding just one predator, many will die before you get a chance to feed them. Freezing the fresh dead is sometimes an option, works for my lions, not so sure about the anglers, again the live to dead transfer a bit more difficult.
https://www.livebrineshrimp.com/
Thanks for the site, will check it out. From what I have seen he refuses to eat anything not live

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back