Best place to get ghost shrimp

Do you have a petco or petsmart near you, both usually carry ghost shrimp :)
 
Do you have a petco or petsmart near you, both usually carry ghost shrimp :)
Thanks, Yeah, I was calling around all day today looking. Finnaly found one that does have a group, going in to pick it up tommorow. Was wondering if anybody has a more reliable source?
 
Thanks, Yeah, I was calling around all day today looking. Finnaly found one that does have a group, going in to pick it up tommorow. Was wondering if anybody has a more reliable source?

I’ve felt your pain...I went to get some from my petco on their delivery day, the guy told me to come back in 5 hours...I had to work so I went back the next morning...no shrimp...I was beyond ticked...then lost my warty 2 days later... I have gotten them online at saltybottomreefcompany.com they’re 0.20 a piece, cheaper than petco...but the shipping...
 
There's also this place, but like you said, shipping is a killer. But depending on where you are, they do have good rates for the southeast. Problem is feeding just one predator, many will die before you get a chance to feed them. Freezing the fresh dead is sometimes an option, works for my lions, not so sure about the anglers, again the live to dead transfer a bit more difficult.
https://www.livebrineshrimp.com/
 
There's also this place, but like you said, shipping is a killer. But depending on where you are, they do have good rates for the southeast. Problem is feeding just one predator, many will die before you get a chance to feed them. Freezing the fresh dead is sometimes an option, works for my lions, not so sure about the anglers, again the live to dead transfer a bit more difficult.
https://www.livebrineshrimp.com/
Thanks for the site, will check it out. From what I have seen he refuses to eat anything not live
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new