Best place to get pods?

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for the best and most cost effective place to get pods? I have heard of a few places just dont know which is best.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have some pods and chaeto coming from @AlgaeBarn, hopefully today, have had good luck with them in the past. Started a subscription for pods with them this go around also, that way they will ship them automatically.

Almondkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it depends what kind of 'pods' you are talking about. My go to is Reed Mariculture (Reef Nutrition) for Tigger Pods. When I need to get amphipods for my DT, then I get them on ebay from Florida Pets and I have ordered several times and been absolutely pleased with the quality of the pods, shipping, etc. I just got 400 for $56 shipped to me and they were clean as a whistle. Many times in the past I ordered from others and the water they are shipped in is dirty and I spend more time sorting and cleaning. The orders from Florida Pets are great. Everyone has different experiences - this is mine.

Oh, and you can't beat ordering direct from @Reef Nutrition for the Tigger Pods.

Last edited:

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it depends what kind of 'pods' you are talking about. My go to is Reed Mariculture (Reef Nutrition) for Tigger Pods. When I need to get amphipods for my DT, then I get them on ebay from Florida Pets and I have ordered several times and been absolutely pleased with the quality of the pods, shipping, etc. I just got 400 for $56 shipped to me and they were clean as a whistle. Many times in the past I ordered from others and the water they are shipped in is dirty and I spend more time sorting and cleaning. The orders from Florida Pets are great. Everyone has different experiences - this is mine.

Oh, and you can't beat ordering direct from @Reef Nutrition for the Tigger Pods.

Thanks for recommending our products. Not only do we sell Tigger-Pods® (Tigriopus californicus), but we also offer another species, Apocyclops panamensis - Apex-Pods. While we prefer hobbyists buy our copepods from their LFS, there are quite a few people that don't have a store nearby that that carries us, so ordering direct is a good option.

Here are a couple of videos to give everyone an idea of how dense our products are. All of our phytoplankton and copepods are 100% aquacultured by us at our farm in California. 1 million gallons of zooplankton and phytoplankton keep us pretty busy. You should visit our website to learn about how we supply the aquaculture industry: https://reedmariculture.com/

These are our Tigger-Pods. This is what you get with every single order.

These are our Apex-Pods. We combined a video of our growing room and one from a customer that just received their shipment.

I culture the copepods for Reed Mariculture and can't thank you enough for supporting us, @Almondkc.

Best,
Chad

Back