Best place to order Red Sea Reefer on west coast of US?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to order a Red Sea Reefer XL 425. I live near Portland, OR, but none of the local shops carry Reefers, so I'll probably order online. Any recommendations on the best retailer? (price seems the same at most places, but what about customer service, delivery times, horror stories, etc.?)

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two places comes to mind Marine Depot and BRS. I believe that they are dropped shipped and are free shipping as well.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH yeah something else to consider that some places offer a reward points system, that is usually the only savings you will get on a Red Sea tank.

OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH yeah something else to consider that some places offer a reward points system, that is usually the only savings you will get on a Red Sea tank.

Yes, at first I was impressed with the 5% points offered by BRS, but then reading the fine print I found that equipment I'm planning to buy from 7 manufacturers are excluded:

**Excludes Abyzz, Aqua Illumination, AutoAqua, Easy Reefs, Ecotech Marine, Giesemann, IceCap, Kamoer, Kessil, Maxspect, Neptune Systems, Nyos, Red Sea, & Reef Octopus.
Marine Depot offers 1% points, but I didn't see any listing of exclusions.

I think at this point I'm really just curious if there is any vendor I should specifically avoid if they have a history of problems.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea has MAP so it is the same price no matter where you buy it from. I bought mine from Marine Depot and got like $175 in points to spend. I waited for two months for anyone to get the 750xxl in stock and Marine Depot got theirs first.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back