Best pod mixture for new tank?

Hal3134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you recommend any particular mix of pods for a new tank, and perhaps more importantly, where I can buy that specific product? I know the usual mix of recommended vendors: reefcleaners, reeftopia, algaebarn, getyourpods, liveaquaria, ebay, but don't know which product of theirs I should target. Amphipod, copepod, and then specific types of tisbe, pseudodiaptomis pelagicus, tangerine pods, acartia, tiger/tigger, etc. My head is spinning.

I don't have any mandarins or pipefish, nor any plans to get them. Please just assume a typical reef tank without any fish that needs a specific pod diet. I will likely get either a sixline wrasse or a melanurus wrasse down the road, but I don't have it as yet.

Last edited:

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently got the sampler mix of pods from reefcleaners, a mix of pods for $10, but I also got the small pack of gracilaria and that was just loaded w/ pods.
Really I probably could have just got the macro and had pods a plenty.
If you have a fuge it really does not take much to get them going, a clump of macro is usually about all you really need, I just got the sampler added as I do keep a mandarin, as well as anthia which also greatly benefit from pods, so I made sure I had all bases covered.

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are adding corals you're going to end up with pods in that tank whether you like it or not. I wouldn't bother.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back