Best reef ready tank deal of 2024 - whose looking for a new tank?

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More info - I asked about the seller - they responded:

Aqua Terra is just a name we came up with for the Etsy Shop. We started selling Current USA's Aquarium Decor here on Etsy in 2020 and just listed the Aquarium. So far we sold them on Ebay and Marketplace.

When she says “we”she refers to herself and Dennis or herself and Current USA.

Also here’s the eBay link - being sold from currentusa account with almost 4,000 positive feedback

More expensive on eBay due to eBay taking a bigger sales chunk probably

They have sold 8 so far and have 22 left

muffinmanXL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for flagging this to the community @VintageReefer - screaming deal. I'll be taking a closer look as well. I do wish there were some more cutouts in the back of the stand for ventiliation and to run wires through but hard to complain for this price

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for flagging this to the community @VintageReefer - screaming deal. I'll be taking a closer look as well. I do wish there were some more cutouts in the back of the stand for ventiliation and to run wires through but hard to complain for this price
I truly want the community to benefit from this. When I started, like many, I couldn’t afford a great tank. Once you factor the sump and <usually> highly marked up plumbing kit, and the stand which is prefab and “bleh” or diy and time consuming.

This would have been a blessing to me. A competitors setup like this is probably 2500+

This is a once in a lifetime deal and I hope some struggling reefers, or new reefers, or successful reefers needing more space, take advantage of this

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will modify the stand if you like. Not tons of mods. But for mine I did ask if they can make the pipe cutout larger in case I wanted to go beananimal one day, they agreed at no charge.

I’m sure They would make minor tweaks. Or you could just use a hole saw, jigsaw, etc.

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been holding off on posting this but now I’m ready

I came across what I believe is the absolute best deal you’ll ever see on a reef ready system

Background - Current USA had a custom tank built for their marketing photos. It’s all over their website under the sections for r24 led reef bundles

They had the tank custom built and worked with a cabinet company in California to have the stand custom built

The setup came out very nice, and they dabbled with the idea of entering the tank market and selling it. They had a number of these systems built and then…current USA got bought out by saltwateraquarium.com

They no longer want to expand their product line into aquariums, and now have a bunch of these tanks and are selling them off at discount to the private market.

I’ve been in touch with the owner of current USA to discuss it, and they have 23 of these setups ready to ship

The tank is:
- 83 gallons rimless low iron glass
- 48x20x20
- Back panel is black
- Ghost overflow
- Ghost overflow has 3 drains, one drain is capped off.
- Sump and overflow are bean animal ready, but the plumbing kit included in the price is for herbie
- 26 gallon custom glass sump
- 9 gallon custom acrylic gravity ato with float
- custom made cabinet from marine grade plywood covered in faux wood grain laminate
- full herbie plumbing kit, return plumbing, and lockline nozzle
- return tubing is 1”
- if you plan to do bean animal they can customize the stand cutouts and plumbing for a small fee or you can do this yourself after delivery

Custom Tank, stand, sump, ato and plumbing kit…

They are asking $1399 and this INCLUDES nationwide freight shipping, lift gate truck, able to drop off at your door or garage in most situations.

And, if you are serious and going to buy this, and DM me, I can get you an extra 10% off - bringing the total price shipped down to $1259 plus tax

If you can pickup the setup yourself in San Diego the price is $999, I am not sure if I can get that price discounted any more

They will also discount any current USA reef products if you buy this system. I am getting their eflux 1900gph dc return pump for $140, it’s $200 on Amazon if bought separately.

This is a professional and custom build. They even put a bulkhead in the stand for the return pump plumbing to pass through. There are cutouts and notches for wires also.

If you’re serious about buying one add a numbered line and your r2r name to the list and I’ll send you an dm with the info to buy. This is not a “send paypal to Joe Schmoe” it’s a legit website with full guarantees and purchase protection.

Who wants to start 2024 with a beautiful 83 gallon tank build?

I make no money off this, nor do I receive any additional discount.

1) Vintage Reefer
2)

72543D17-6C0E-484E-9B7D-6D66D42E44DE.jpeg 6B5EEEB5-84AC-4AD4-BD71-ED04739461F2.jpeg 52A74DB1-5A1F-46DD-A597-F7E1C4C5E045.jpeg 508E741D-E233-48C0-AAEB-330C671EFF44.jpeg D80F3414-F447-4EBD-8885-457FA61A7374.jpeg 3657A402-C13D-4AC7-A5AA-9B5F8FC539DB.jpeg 5B33749E-748E-40B9-8228-3701F26FAFB0.jpeg 6F4000E1-A3EE-433B-9B8C-DB7DE4BBFDA7.jpeg F2EDDC6D-98E2-4D64-ACE3-5B65ACA752C0.jpeg F4A85595-CA8A-49F9-961B-0C331BFA1945.jpeg 0FE8DF98-CF14-4E72-89E5-625B9AA7965A.jpeg
Looks like the front of the tank hangs over the open doors like the Red Sea design. Curious if we would have the same issues? I’m overly cautious from experience.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the front of the tank hangs over the open doors like the Red Sea design. Curious if we would have the same issues? I’m overly cautious from experience.
Not quite sure what you mean here, but I have a guess.

The doors are non structural and the front of the tank does not appear to be flush with the doors. The tank is on a platform and the doors go up against it

The Red Sea tank issues are seam failures and I don’t think everyone is blaming the cabinet.

Attachments

• DC2A8D32-CFE8-45B2-9893-C7B83CC8ABE1.png
    DC2A8D32-CFE8-45B2-9893-C7B83CC8ABE1.png
    648.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 2E6CFE45-0AFE-4DD6-854F-7AB80385020E.png
    2E6CFE45-0AFE-4DD6-854F-7AB80385020E.png
    393.6 KB · Views: 77

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite sure what you mean here, but I have a guess.

The doors are non structural and the front of the tank does not appear to be flush with the doors. The tank is on a platform and the doors go up against it

The Red Sea tank issues are seam failures and I don’t think everyone is blaming the cabinet.
The seem failures for Red Sea (at least the ones in the front center like mine was) were definitely due to the cabinet and not supporting the glass correctly. The glass would bow ever so slightly allowing the seem to just get stressed. No clue of this would have the same issue. I’m obsessing over the details here before I pull the trigger, if I do.

Do you have a delivery date for yours?

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The seem failures for Red Sea (at least the ones in the front center like mine was) were definitely due to the cabinet and not supporting the glass correctly. The glass would bow ever so slightly allowing the seem to just get stressed. No clue of this would have the same issue. I’m obsessing over the details here before I pull the trigger, if I do.

Do you have a delivery date for yours?
I’ve read some but definitely not all of the seam failure stories so I apologize as I am not an expert like Brandon or those like yourself who unfortunately had a bad experience

The ones I saw were on edges not center

I have requested additional info on the stand, but my assumption is this is a higher quality and better designed stand, as if you hired a private cabinet / furniture maker to make a diy stand on your own. Mass manufactured stands from Aqueon, Red Sea, etc are typically particleboard or cheap materials. Cabinet makers are finish carpenters and typically pride themselves on their work and overbuild things beyond needed capacity in situations like this

I will post the specs/info for the stand when I get them. Most likely today as my contact is quick to respond.

If it means anything they have used one of these setups in their corporate office for 2+ years

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read some but definitely not all of the seam failure stories so I apologize as I am not an expert like Brandon or those like yourself who unfortunately had a bad experience

The ones I saw were on edges not center

I have requested additional info on the stand, but my assumption is this is a higher quality and better designed stand, as if you hired a private cabinet / furniture maker to make a diy stand on your own. Mass manufactured stands from Aqueon, Red Sea, etc are typically particleboard or cheap materials. Cabinet makers are finish carpenters and typically pride themselves on their work and overbuild things beyond needed capacity in situations like this

I will post the specs/info for the stand when I get them. Most likely today as my contact is quick to respond.

If it means anything they have used one of these setups in their corporate office for 2+ years
Awesome, please do pass the info along. I totally don’t need this thing but am really struggling to let it pass me by.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can have it crated Monday and shipped out on Tuesday and arrival would be end of next week

They are holding off until Monday packing / Tuesday shipping to allow weekend orders as it saves them some freight cost if a few tanks are along the same path and can be combined in a shipment

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can have it crated Monday and shipped out on Tuesday and arrival would be end of next week

They are holding off until Monday packing / Tuesday shipping to allow weekend orders as it saves them some freight cost if a few tanks are along the same path and can be combined in a shipment
I’m in Arizona so it’s really only 5 hours away. Would definitely be by the end of the week I imagine.

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s 999$ on Ebay. That seems such a low price, it’s making the deal look suspicious.
It’s $999 of you pick it up in San Diego. $1259 shipped (with coupon code) on Etsy, $1500 shipped on eBay.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They also have sold 8 of these on marketplace (I am assuming Facebook page for their area)

I don’t know what is meant by this but I’ll post it.

I am out of the shop for the weekend and need to double check measurements, however I know stand is secured with 4 structural marine grade vertical panels. Most aquarium stands have only 2

Does that make sense to anyone? My 75g Aqueon stand looks like it is held together with low grade pine wood and staples lol this stand does have screws and appears to be well built

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This does make sense. Two internal vertical panels plus the two sides. The Red Sea cabinets have one internal vertical divider and two sides.

Good for them on the sales. Maybe they’ll run out before I decide and that’ll help my decision. Sigh……

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a fantastic price for a full setup. Good luck to whomever purchases these; it's a great deal! Thanks for sharing. My only question would be where is the 10% discount coming from? Is 1399 their quoted price, direct, or is it 10% less than that?

(I dont have the spare cash laying around or I'd jump on this deal myself) so I don't particularly have skin in the game

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 75 48.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back