Best reef tank testing kits for each parameter?

Hanna Alk, and Aquaforest as a double check.
Everything else Salifert.
Specific Gravity: TM Hydrometer, BRS Refractometer, Milwaukee Digital.
 
Hanna for N03 and P04 , aquaforest for alk , calc , mag.

I was using salifert for a long time but I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or getting unlucky but I've had 2 alk and 3 mag tests go off and give me widely wrong readings when I'm close to half the bottle usually only 2 months after opening so I switched to aqua forest.
 
You're gonna get a lot of opinions on test kit. Best bet is to look at the color charts for different test kits and see how easy you think it would be to read the test. Then look at instructions and see how easy it is to follow them.

Salifert and red sea nitrate for example uses shades of pink, while Nyos uses oranges. I know personally I'd have problems reading the pink color of salifert and I've used red sea and it's manageable to read but still difficult. But I know nyos would be easiest for me to read.
 
All option based. I prefer Hanna for Phos because I believe it’s the most accurate. For nitrate, Alk, Cal, Mag salifert. I also have Hanna for Nitrate but only use it when I need a really accurate reading.
 
Hanna for kh ca mg no3 and po4
 
I used salifert for phosphate and nitrate
Red sea for alk cal and mg
Hannas are also good for a lot of parameters but I never personally owned any.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new