Best returnpump for waterbox peninsula 3620

Christian0505

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
215
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a new returnpump for my waterbox 3620 peninsula. Total system volume is about 60 gallons. Currently my shortlist contains the following three pumps. Would love to hear experiences.

1. Reef Octopus various 6
2. Ecotech vectra m2
3. Apex cor20
 
I never saw the need to spend big money on a return pump with features I don't need. Give me a dc pump and a controller with a feed button and I'm good. I run 3 jebao dcp pumps, 3500, 5000, and a 15000. They're silent, tough (I don't clean them) and cheap enough I have spares for all 3 on the shelf just in case I do decide to clean them I can just do a swap.
Not really info you requested so here's a bump ;)
 
I never saw the need to spend big money on a return pump with features I don't need. Give me a dc pump and a controller with a feed button and I'm good. I run 3 jebao dcp pumps, 3500, 5000, and a 15000. They're silent, tough (I don't clean them) and cheap enough I have spares for all 3 on the shelf just in case I do decide to clean them I can just do a swap.
Not really info you requested so here's a bump ;)

Thanks for your reply. I understand your point of view. I currently run an Eheim 2400L. It is basically bulletproof, but just a bit to small.

Thing I am most worried about with the jecod is rusting rotors… seen that a bit too many times.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new