Best salt for mixed reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter eqbal9947
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I just bought reef crystals ..The calcium at 1.026 is only 400.. Very disappointing
Did you mix the dry salt by rolling the bucket around a while before using?
 
I just bought reef crystals ..The calcium at 1.026 is only 400.. Very disappointing

with the likely errors in hobbyist measurements of both, the calcium might be exactly as expected, or even higher than expected (or lower).
 
IMO, there is no best salt mix for all scenarios. I preferred normal IO for my mixed reef.
my alk is running 10.5 -10.7 with 50/50 mix of IO and Reef Crystals, should I be concerned with my current alk level. My tank is about 2.5 yrs old and added first corals about 4-5 months ago, Zoas, Acan, Lepto, Candy Cane, GSP, Hollywood stunner chalice all doing fine, but my hammer corals seem to be unhappy, they are open but not fully , I don’t think it’s a lighting or flow issue, they have gentle indirect flow and place low in tank. Some say that the elevated alk may be issues. Nitrates 15-20
Phos .1- .25 normal mag/cal/salinity stable at 1.026 with tropic marine hydrometer. There has been no parameter swings everything stable. Any suggestions?

Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new