Best salt mix for LPS/Softies?

diver22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I use IO Reef Crystals orange bucket, was speaking to a guy that I bought some Monti and Digi from and he stated that it would be better to purchase TM or Pro Reef for SPS and its coloration, again I'm just starting to tinker with SPS so would like to get advise. With IO Reef Crystals changing 30 Gallons every two weeks keeping my salinity at 1.025 to 1.026 my Alk 9.7, Mag 1320 and Cal at 400 to 420 is been steady for months. Should I make any changes to keep SPS ?

I'm always concern on making changes if I do not need to, everything is doing so well.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I use IO Reef Crystals orange bucket, was speaking to a guy that I bought some Monti and Digi from and he stated that it would be better to purchase TM or Pro Reef for SPS and its coloration, again I'm just starting to tinker with SPS so would like to get advise. With IO Reef Crystals changing 30 Gallons every two weeks keeping my salinity at 1.025 to 1.026 my Alk 9.7, Mag 1320 and Cal at 400 to 420 is been steady for months. Should I make any changes to keep SPS ?

I'm always concern on making changes if I do not need to, everything is doing so well.

What you keep is not dependent on the salt mix at all, IMO.

diver22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys, also I have never seen the brown stuff in IO Crystals people talk about have used it for 2 years.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back