Best sand for a nano tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter calicool
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

calicool

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
7
Location
World
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I am making my first tank soon and I need some help on picking sand. I have done some research on sand and found these two: CaribSea Original Grade Ocean Direct Live Reef Sand, Special Grade Agra-Alive! Reef Sand. I've seen that the special grade is the best size wise but I've also seen a lot of people like the ocean direct. Thoughts?
Thanks
 
I used the CaribSea Special Grade Arag-Alive! Reef Sand. Never had any issues with it!
 
Really depends on the fish your gonna keep and flow

Then you pick out the sand

But in general I’ve always gone for the Carib sea aragonite sand
Best mix Imo of everything
 
I would just like to have a pair of clowns, maybe a goby.
 
Both sands are very popular choices, either would be fine, just pick the one that appeals to you the most 🙂

Good luck with your build!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new