My first Saltwater and Nano Tank.

islandstonashville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2E636329-7DDB-4472-90D1-CB5354D810AF.jpeg

Nano Tank build is UP! I will be testing parameters today before introducing bacteria and ammonia. So far Salinity is 1.026/35ppt, Temp 78.4F. Overall excited how far this hobby will take me. I can’t wait to see some livestock in the tank.

Heater: Cobalt Neotherm Pro 75W
Pump: Sicce 1.0
Media Basket and RFG: 3DOcean

Future Upgrades: AI Prime 16HD, AutoAqua Smart ATO lite, Hygger Mini Wavemaker.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you're off to a great start! I like the way you scaped your rocks.
What are your plans for future livestock?

OP
OP
islandstonashville

islandstonashville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I will be placing some gsp on the black acrylic sump/main tank divider. That little rock island i’ll fill with zoas. Then prolly some hammer and duncans here and there. I’ll start with beginner corals for now the research which one will fit in the tank. I’ll get 2 clownfish, maybe a blenny then some cuc.

OP
OP
islandstonashville

islandstonashville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you're off to a great start! I like the way you scaped your rocks.
What are your plans for future livestock?
Thanks! I will be placing some gsp on the black acrylic sump/main tank divider. That little rock island i’ll fill with zoas. Then prolly some hammer and duncans here and there. I’ll start with beginner corals for now the research which one will fit in the tank. I’ll get 2 clownfish, maybe a blenny then some cuc.

OP
OP
islandstonashville

islandstonashville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B8370DF4-C095-4A07-9AB8-40F5B19C7C57.jpeg

3 days in. Just want to check see where I’m at with the cycling. Need to have patience with this. LOL I’m just excited to see some livestocks already.

BrotatoSalad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is some next level aquascaping! And the clownfish are definite showpieces. Tank's looking great. Following along since I've been tossing around the idea of starting up a fluval 13 on the kitchen counter, and because I'd love to see your progress in real time.

dannyd_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the aquascaping, looks incredible. Imagine how great it will look with coral. The hygger wavemaker is what I am currently using in my nano tank, and I love it. Lots of room to control many features. Best of luck in the future!

OP
OP
islandstonashville

islandstonashville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is some next level aquascaping! And the clownfish are definite showpieces. Tank's looking great. Following along since I've been tossing around the idea of starting up a fluval 13 on the kitchen counter, and because I'd love to see your progress in real time.
Thanks! Lol I wish I have gone bigger. I have bought a lot of stuff worth more than the tank itself.

OP
OP
islandstonashville

islandstonashville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the aquascaping, looks incredible. Imagine how great it will look with coral. The hygger wavemaker is what I am currently using in my nano tank, and I love it. Lots of room to control many features. Best of luck in the future!
Thank. This hygger wavemaker is great! Only thing is I wish you can tweak the strength a bit more lower but other than that definitely worth it.

Yeh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the stuff from 3DOcean? Just purchased a chamber lid last night, stock one doesn’t work with my Kraken lid, and media baskets for 1 and 2 and the RFG nozzles. I have InTank baskets currently but want to give his a try for the added color.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 197 70.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 52 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back