• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Best shipping rates and quality?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

webbl19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the right place or not. Ive never ordered livestock online before. I see a lot of good recommendations and reviews from various places, but im interested in shipping rates.

Does anyone have a list of shipping rates from various sites? I kinda get overwhelmed and a little anxious about all of it.

I am looking for just some zoas online. Looked at a few, but shipoing is confusing. Do you need next day air for zoas? Or is the 2 day shipping sufficient?

Anyone recommend a good site with decent shipoing prices? I feep like ordering a couple frags of zoas and paying $40 for shipping is a little nuts.

Does buying in bulk give free shipping anywhere? I saw that aquarium depot had a deal right now with orders over $150 were free shipping in preparation for hurricane irma. They are getting pretty sold out though.

Anyway any site suggestions would be awesome. Normally just go to the lfs, but its always the same stuff.

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liveaquaria also has free shipping on $149+, but they often have specials for free shipping on orders $99+

upload_2017-9-9_10-18-24.png

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't order from Aquarium Depot, that's just Reefs2Go with a new name. They're following the Aquacon business model-- tick poor service/stock, change names once enough people know of tick poor service/stock, repeat.

BlueZoo has free shipping at $149. Austin Aqua Farms is $39 shipping regardless of total. Vivid is free at $175. Battle Corals is free at $250...

OP
OP
webbl19

webbl19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Thanks for the info guys. Thats kinda what im afraid of. We have some shady LFS's around here that seem similar to some of these online stores. Dont like giving my money to greedy people who only want to make a profit.

smh254

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Thanks for the info guys. Thats kinda what im afraid of. We have some shady LFS's around here that seem similar to some of these online stores. Dont like giving my money to greedy people who only want to make a profit.

What about a local reef club. I get most of my coral from members of WAMAS my local club.

OP
OP
webbl19

webbl19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a local reef club. I get most of my coral from members of WAMAS my local club.
Good suggestion. I havent really found any of those. I should ask about that. Ive seen some pics of get togethers around here, but i dont really know who to get in contact with.

smh254

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the hobby for two years before I realized I had a local club. It is a Great thing to be a part of. You could ask your LFS if there is a local club or someone here might answer. What's your location?

OP
OP
webbl19

webbl19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the hobby for two years before I realized I had a local club. It is a Great thing to be a part of. You could ask your LFS if there is a local club or someone here might answer. What's your location?
I found one with google. KCRA, doesnt seem super active though. Looks like a lot of the lfs owners just post their new arrivals on facebook. Ill have to keep digging around. I know these guys meet up.
Im in Kansas City, Mo.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back