Best shipping rates?

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sold a few items in the marketplace and was totally blindsided by the shipping rate on both.
I wasn't looking to make selling a business. But just wanted to pass a few items I wouldn't be using.

I shipped the first item thru The UPS store and wound up costing $30. That was in my box, just stick a label and ship. I thought G he maybe it was just them and took the se c one item to USPS. They were almost $20 shipping basically one state over.

Anybody have any tips or tricks to get a better rate?

U

User1

View Badges
I just sold a few items in the marketplace and was totally blindsided by the shipping rate on both.
I wasn't looking to make selling a business. But just wanted to pass a few items I wouldn't be using.

I shipped the first item thru The UPS store and wound up costing $30. That was in my box, just stick a label and ship. I thought G he maybe it was just them and took the se c one item to USPS. They were almost $20 shipping basically one state over.

Anybody have any tips or tricks to get a better rate?

Ship more?

Probably others that do this day to day will offer more help but I'd wager it is all based on volume or other agreements to get lower rates. Personally when I buy frags from online I know in most cases shipping is going to be paid by me. Most businesses are not Amazon or Macy's so I just look at the estimated shipping charge and divide that by the number of frags and see if that falls in my per price frag limit.

As a hobbyists and shipping, and I just did this with my Steeda shocks and struts to another lad, I shopped around and then we split it. I am really not sure honestly what you can do other than 20 - 30 bucks seems about in the ball park.

redsoul136

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Print your label with a reseller.. shipyouraquatics or someone like that, same fedex/ups label just cheaper. Lots of options and threads if you search

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you do I would always avoid UPS at all costs when it comes to shipping they recently lost a Orphek lamp and owned up to losing it back in August but told me I will not receive the $850 insurance claim check until sometime next year and they don’t even know when, they also just damaged an $800 package that I had shipped and put insurance on and are refusing to pay the claim!!! I’m actually thinking of taking them to small claims court over this one. Just be for warned ....stay away from UPS

OP
OP
smokin'reefer

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to be the one to be an anti corporatist, but I can't help but think most shippers are giving special rates to the big guys and letting us single use shippers get gouged.
I believe I heard somewhere that USPS is shipping Amazon below cost.

Back