Best SPS frag tools?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bmooney31
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bmooney31

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
kansas city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the essential tools you guys use for fragging SPS? I see all the frag kits out there and it seems that there is a bunch of tools in them that aren't used for SPS. I dont think I would need the scalpel and tools that look like they are for poking(for lack of a better description) Are a good pair of shears and bone cutters all I need? if so what sizes do you guys feel is the best?
 
Gotta have stainless steel cutters, medium are good for everything.
You need crazy glue gel and some WaterWeld epoxy putty and of course some frag plugs.
 
bone cutters and a dremel with a diamond wheel if you have a thick base.
 
Like said above bone cutters/coral clippers and a dremel with a diamond encrusted blade and you are good to go with sps fragging
 
+1 to the bone cutters and dremel. I would also add maybe some kind of soft tip tweezers for getting into tight spots and plucking out a few thin frags.
 
I like dremmels Forrest most fragging however never underestimate the power of a finger/thumb combo, especially with caps
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new